FAIR GO ACTION PLAN FOR AUSTRALIA
I’m committed to making sure everyone gets a fair go. But it’s becoming clearer and clearer that in Australia today, the economy doesn’t work for everyone.
It’s time to deliver and make sure we’re passing on a better deal to the next generation. We want to ensure every Australian enjoys equal opportunity, and Labor has a comprehensive action plan to ensure that the economy works for all of us.
Labor’s action plan has five points:
- We’ll fix our schools and our hospitals: We want Aussie schools and hospitals to be world class, but after five years of attacks and funding cuts from the Coalition government, our education and healthcare systems are struggling. We’ll reverse Morrison’s funding cuts to health and education to make sure every child has a quality education and every Australian has access to world-class healthcare, no matter how much money is in their pocket.
- We’ll ease pressure on family budgets: I don’t believe in putting big business before everyday Australians. The economy frankly isn’t working for working and middle-class Australians. We want to support our Aussie families by properly regulating power prices, levelling the playing field for first home buyers and ending the Medicare Freeze.
- We’ll stand up for workers: We’ll protect our Aussie workers by closing the gender pay gap, cracking down on dodgy labour-hire companies and stopping sham contracting and fake casuals. We’ll also build local, buy local and employ local for government projects to deliver more jobs and more opportunities.
- We’ll invest in cleaner, cheaper energy: We’ll take back control of our energy, striving to deliver 50% renewables by 2030 and supporting new energy technology including battery storage and transmission lines. We’ll also better regulate power prices, and empower businesses and communities to transition to renewables through appropriate support.
- We’ll build a stronger economy that works for all: We want to make sure every Australian has a fair go in our economy. We’ll build job-creating infrastructure in our suburbs and regions. We’ll expand public transport, build better roads and safer highways and deliver a freight and logistics network fit for purpose. We’ll also make sure multinationals and millionaires pay their fair share, by closing loopholes that only benefit the top end of town and reversing Morrison’s tax cut for millionaires.
If you want to learn more about how Labor is going to pass on a better deal to the next generation, head to www.fairgoactionplan.org.au for more information.
ENVIRONMENT AND ENERGY
- Boat Ramps
- Federal Integrity Commission
- High-Speed Rail
- Housing and homelessness
- Multinational tax dodgers
- Petrol prices
- Schools funding
- Trade – TPP
Updated: 23 January 2019